‘Change is the only constant’
So asserted Heraclitus a couple of millennia ago – and it holds true today. Yet, some studies suggest that as many as 70% of change programmes fail.
What does it take to align people behind change?
We’re here to help improve your chances by aligning people, resources and effort using accessible tools and techniques. Through three practical case studies we’ll show how leaders in organisations large and small have created the conditions for people to align behind change.
We’ll walk through proven methodologies and also take your burning questions.
This is the question that brought together 69 facilitation, communications and change management professionals over two one-hour twitter chats last October during International Facilitation Week – and Martin Gilbraith and I are now doing a follow-up for 2016 in the form of a webinar.
During the session we will:
- invite you to share some of your own experience and insights on what can be done to help people to align together to make change happen.
- share six top tips and tools that were shared during the twitter chats, and how the 4-level ‘ORID’ model of ICA’s ToP Focused Conversation method was applied to structure the process.
- share examples of practical application including how over 1,000 IABC leaders were engaged, aligned and activated to extend the organisation’s reach and deepen its impact.
A particular aim for the session, as for the twitter chats, is to bring together facilitation, communications and change professionals, and all those with an interest in these fields, to connect with and learn from each.
You will also be invited to share ideas for topics for a pair of twitter chats during International Facilitation Week 2016, October 17-23. Feel free to tweet with the hashtag #FacWeekChat!
Register now on Eventbrite for the session on 17 October 2016.
Martin Gilbraith and I are off to Torino this week to help one of the European Commission’s agencies look back at the twenty years since their founding in 1994.
The world has changed considerably since then so it is safe to say that we’re looking forward to learning more about the journey the team has taken – and how we can help them structure insights from this time so they are useful for the next 20.
Expect plenty of pictures and perhaps even a timelapse – you can follow and join the action via #ETF20.
A bit about ETF in their own words: ‘The European Training Foundation is an EU agency that helps transition and developing countries to harness the potential of their human capital through the reform of education, training and labour market systems in the context of the EU’s external relations policy.’
Here’s a brief outline of what we’re setting out to do:
- Celebration of 20 years of achievement
- Renewed understanding of the journey covered and the path ahead
- Practical outputs that draw on the storytelling work already completed, contributing to the strategic outcomes planned for the overall 20 year celebrations
- A fun, engaging, high-energy day with a range of mediums to fit individual styles – and a competitive element to help drive the day – and people bond.
The ETF team have also thrown in an artistic element through their partnership with a local art school – that’ll be an interesting new experience which we look forward to reporting back on. They’ve kindly allowed us to share this brief Prezi from the kick-off day setting out a bit more detail:
[gigya src=”http://prezi.com/bin/preziloader.swf” allowfullscreen=”true” allowscriptaccess=”always” width=”550″ height=”400″ bgcolor=”#ffffff” flashvars=”prezi_id=dujmpxbj563y&lock_to_path=1&color=ffffff&autoplay=no&autohide_ctrls=0″ ]
In future posts we’ll explore practical outputs from the day that lead to a useful outcome: team alignment. If you’d like us to help you with this, get in touch.
Michael Ambjorn is founder of // Align Your Org and Martin Gilbraith is Master Facilitator – follow @michaelambjorn and @martingilbraith for more of the above. You can also join the conversation: #ALIGN and of course @alignyourorg.